Welcome to Northumberland County Public Schools
For Families: Help Fight Germs Like Flu
- For frequently asked questions about the flu and up to date information, the CDC has an excellent web site and other information. Click here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/freeresources/updated/everyday_preventive.pdf
- We ask that you continue to monitor your children for illness. If they are ill with a temperature, please keep them home until they have been fever free for 24 hours without using a fever reducing medication and their stamina is up to a full day of school.
- Remind your children to cover their cough with a tissue or cough into their elbow, as well as to wash their hands frequently with soap and water. Getting sufficient sleep (the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends at least 8 hours of sleep per night for children) and eating three healthy meals per day (beginning with breakfast) will help to keep your child’s immune system functioning at an optimal level.
- When informing your child’s school of an absence, please include the reason and if it is due to illness, include the symptoms. This will assist the nurses in surveillance of emerging illnesses.
- Our staff remains committed to cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting our school classrooms and campus to be proactive regarding the flu season.
Thank you for your continued cooperation in helping to keep all of our NCPS students and staff healthy!
Northumberland County Public Schools would like to have community, parents, family, and staff input on the proposed 2017-2018 Working Budget (Last updated 1/30/2017). After reviewing the working budget that is posted here, please click on the form below (Budget Survey) to leave a comment. All comments will remain private and unidentified.
Please click here to view the Inclement Weather & Emergency Closing Staff Codes